Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Off to the Cape

Monday we took off in our two busses and headed out to Cape Cod.  Monday was a regional learning day where we spent the day as tourists getting to see the sights of the area.  Since Cape Cod is known for its beaches, our cast got to spend the entire day together on the beach.  Unfortunately, it was rather cloudy and cold, but that did not stop us from enjoying swimming, playing sand volleyball, walking along the beach, and sleeping.





For my week in Cape Cod, I was hosted by myself with Kevin and Susan Eldredge.  Kevin, Susan, and Bella, their dog, live in a beautiful town on the eastern tip of the Cape called Chatham.  Kevin owns a laundry company that has been in his family for many years and Susan has started her own business called Howl-a-day Inn, which is a doggy day care on the Cape.  They live in a beautiful apartment loft that is decorated with a variety of artwork from paintings to sculptures.  

Tuesday and Wednesday I had the opportunity to volunteer at the YMCA doing some landscaping and cleaning up the area.  I really enjoy our community impact days not only because we get to serve the community but we also get the chance to work with our cast mates and really get to know each other on a deeper level.  On Wednesday morning it was a fun surprise to find myself in the local paper, The Cape Cod Times, weeding at the YMCA.  




This week we had two shows in Cape Cod.  As I have explained, we are constantly changing soloists and dance lines so it is always exciting to not know what songs we will be performing until the night of the show.  Friday night we had an almost sold out theater and I performed one new dance.  Saturday I was asked to learn a new dance during rehearsal that I ended up performing in the show that night.


Sunday was one of the most relaxing days I have had for a long time.  Kevin and Susan took me out boating in the harbor.  We cruised through the harbor looking at all the boats on the water and homes along the shore.  I felt like I was in a movie as the cool ocean breeze and mist hit my face.  We dropped anchor in a small cove and enjoyed a nice lunch.  We then laid out in the boat and I fell asleep several times. It was such a relaxing day and I was so thankful I could spend the day with Kevin and Susan. On the way back they took me to see all the seals playing in the harbor.  I could not have asked for a better way to spend the day with my host family.







I am very blessed to have had the chance to meet Kevin and Susan.  They graciously welcomed me into their home and immediately treated me like I was their own son.  They even put the picture of me from the newspaper on the refrigerator door because they were so proud of me.  It is always hard to leave a family that you become so close with, but I know I will continue to keep in touch with Kevin and Susan.





1 comment:

  1. Collin you belong on a boat. It just fits you. Sounds like a great host family day!

    ReplyDelete